Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 December 2010

Day Three

Today, I was in a place called Narbaniz. It's a nice little village near Gernika. The area round Gernika is beautiful, I used to live round here but the commute to work became a pain, but I like to visit the old stamping ground now and then.

The area (Urdaibai) has a 11 marked mountain bike tracks, in specatular scenery, sounds good? Unfortunately most of these routes have a lot of road sections, usually way more than 50% The uphills are on nice descents and the downhills on easy climbs. Whoever set the routes up messed up IMO. This with dreadful signalling means I'd say that anyone just turning up and following a route wouldn't have a good time.

Anyway, today I did route 11, which in my opinion is the best ride of the lot, it's not long but is 90% off-road, has some good climbing and has some nice descending. Also, in Genika you can get some essential energy in the form of one of the finest tortillas in Pais Vasco (believe me, I'm a expert). It's an old man bar near the Train Station, called "Zaharra"

Weather - dry (but it rained last night), warmer though. Time for mud tyres now unfortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment