Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 December 2010

Day Five (sort of)

Well, that didnt last long.

Tuesday was spent all day at work, no prolem I thought, i'll just for a night ride when I get back. At around 6pm I start to feel some pressure behind my nose and get a bit of a headache. At 9-30 the blood starts pouring from my nose. By 10pm my head really hurts and so I bail out of the ride. Next morning I wake up feeling like a student protester after a session with the Metropolitan police. So, that's a second day with no riding.

I've always had problems with nose-bleeds, had it cauterised when I was young, but it only seemed to work on one nostril. It was handy at times, if I had a nasty test at school I wanted to avoid I could just flick the nose and the blood would start pouring and I could spend half the class in the toilets stemming the flow. Nowadays it only seems to happen when the weather changes, I'm a human barometer "Red nose in the evening, tomorrow freezing" is an old proverb I've just invented.

Anyway, today I woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed, England were thrashing the ozzies and I was ready to ride.

Went on a wee mtb loop round my house, it's a nice ride, with a bit of everything. Only roblem is even at the best of times lots of it is muddy. Today there was lots of evil sticky mud buggering up my gears and making the chain jam. Time for single-speed I think. I hope Alfine becomes cheaper in the new year.

Anyway, now I'm enjoying the self-satisfied glow that comes from having a nice hot coffee after being out in the cold, wet muck.

Weather - cold, -4.5 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment